St Mary’s has a very active Mothers’ Union which meets on the first Wednesday afternoon of the month at 2.00 pm in St Mary’s Church Hall.
The programme and important dates for 2018 is as follows:
- 7th February – St Valentine and other saints
- 2nd March – Women’s World Day of Prayer
- 7th March – 11.00 am Lent reflection, Lent lunch and AGM
- 11th March – Mothering Sunday
- 4th April – Celebration of Easter
- 2nd May – Jennie Lewis’ “The Special Baby”
- 14th May – Meet and Share Day at Kimbolton
- 2nd June – host church coffee morning
- 6th June – Liz Miles: “A view from the Bench” – 23 years as a Magistrate
- 11th June – Diocesan Council
- 4th July – Desert Island Discs
- 2nd August – Outing
- 4th September – Holy Communion
- 3rd October – Revd. Canon Marvin Bamford “All at sea”
- 15th October – Diocesan Council
- 7th November – Peace
- 5th December – Advent in-house meeting
- January 2019 – no meeting
- 6th February 2019 – In house meeting
Please get in touch with our local Ross-on-Wye representatives
We are a grassroots movement that looks forward to, and actively works towards, a world where love and respect are the hallmarks of personal, community, national and international relationships. To this end we campaign to ensure children are protected within society, we promote gender equality and speak out on issues such as women’s education, early marriage and domestic violence. We facilitate good parenting, community development and strong marriages and work with the most marginalised communities in the world to bring health, education and training to eradicate poverty.
At times of distress and hardship Mothers’ Union members respond bringing relief from hunger and homelessness caused by natural disaster or conflict, or compassion to those who feel far from God.
You will find Further information about the worldwide organisation Mothers’ Union, and what we stand for, here.
Reports of recent meetings can be found here.